What Is Termite Infestation?
Termites are insects which prefer to live in colonies. When termites from colonies settle in your house, the structure becomes infested. There are several different types of termites and each of them needs a different set of conditions to survive as well. For example- Subterranean termites need moisture to survive. On the other hand, dry wood termites do not need any additional moisture and attack the wood directly.
Signs Of Termite Infestation
- Any kind of discoloration or dropping on drywall.
- Wood items sounding hollow, when tapped.
- Small, pinpoint holes in a drywall.
- Buckling wooden or laminate floor boards.
- Flying termite swarms around your property.
- Mud tubes climbing any foundation of your house.
- Piles of twigs left behind after swarms.
- Tiles getting loose may also be a sign of breading termites.
Do’s Of Dealing With Termite Infestation
1) When dealing with termites, reduce the amount of moisture in and around your house. This is because moisture promotes the growth of termites. So, keep on checking for malfunctioning taps and gutters and get them corrected. Also, it is highly recommended to keep your house as dry as possible in the rainy season.
2) Look for any cracks in the wooden items present in the house. These cracks may provide shelter to the termites. As soon as you find any such crack- just seal them.
3) You can also fill the gaps and cracks with sand. This is due to the reason that many termites cannot build colonies in the presence of fine sand.
4) If you are planning to buy new wooden furniture, or any other item made up of wood, then prefer to buy juniper, cedar and redwood made items. This is because these woods are infected least by the termites.
5) Probability is high that termites may return after some time. In order to avoid such situation, try to conduct a yearly termite home inspection.
Don’ts Of Dealing With Termite Infestation
1) If by chance, you discover a colony of termites in the perimeter of your house, it is best to leave them alone. Disturbing the colony may drive them even closer.
2) Don’t try to exterminate a termite colony on your own, as some chemicals can be hazardous to humans, plants and pets as well. Always try to hire pest control experts!
3) Don’t use mulch around your house. It is because mulch is a great source of food and water for termites. This can help them to bread in and around your house.
4) Never try to store waste or lumber on your property. At least, avoid storing it near your house.
5) Never be laid back, even when you notice a sign of any termite colony. It is always best to call a licensed professional.
Hire The Professional Termite Control Service
Back 2 New Cleaning provides professional pest control service in Brisbane at the most reasonable price. We have 2 decades of experience and all our experts are well trained. Our professional termite control service will leave you speechless and make your home pest-free. So do not think twice and call us today to hire us.